Providing and Receiving Help
Rachamim means “showing compassion for each other.” The Rachamim Team reaches out to congregants and the families of congregants who are currently in, or recently discharged from, the hospital or a care facility or are suffering from a chronic illness. We also reach out to congregants who are mourning the recent loss of a loved one. Our goal is to create a caring community and provide the structure that enables our congregants to provide the support that their fellow congregants need when they face the challenges of illness or death. For support at any time you can email
or call the synagogue office at (480) 951-0323.
For Clergy Help...
...when a friend or loved one is ill/hospitalized and timely help is needed:
- CBI Members call (480) 951-0323; if the office is closed, listen to the voicemail greeting to learn the CBI clergy on-call phone number.
- Non-Members call Community Chaplain Rabbi Bob Kravitz atÂ Â Â Â Â (480) 766-0977.
How You Can Receive Help
Are family or friends ill, hospitalized or homebound? Please let our clergy know by calling the synagogue office at (480) 951-0323. If the office is closed, listen to the voice mail greeting to obtain the clergy-on-call phone number. Call the clergy-on-call number and a member of our clergy will return your call promptly.
For needs that may not need clergy assistance,emailÂ
How You Can Give Help
You are invited to join the Rachamim volunteers! Our responsibilities include these tasks:
- Phone calls to the sick or bereaved:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ Make personal phone calls to tell a congregant that we are thinking about him or her, and to learn what they need from us.
- Visits to the sick or homebound: Visit congregants in the hospital, nursing facility or at home.
- Shiva calls:ÂÂÂÂÂÂ Attend the shiva of a deceased congregant to assure a minyan.
- Additional support to bereaved congregants: Make additional calls after the first couple of months. Drive and/or sit with congregants during shloshim or their loved one’s yahrtzeit.
- Make soup and/or baked goods to be available when needed for visits to congregants who are sick, homebound or bereaved.
- Arrange for meals for congregants who are sick or sitting shiva.
To Volunteer - Complete a Welcome Home Volunteer Form or call the temple offices at (480) 951-0323.